- 1. Friday Night Live at the ROM.
- Spend your Thursday night at the AGO.
- Go window shopping at the Bata Shoe Museum.
- Snap a cool Insta Pic at the Alan Gardens Conservatory.
- Stroll through the local vendors at Kensington Market.
- Spend an afternoon buried at Neo Coffee Bar.
Likewise, can I go to Toronto alone? There are things to do alone in Toronto that are very fun if you’re in the city by yourself. For that reason, solo travel in Toronto is incredible! … Besides that, there are many things to see in the city. Some of the most famous sights are the CN Tower and the Art Gallery of Ontario.
Correspondingly, is Toronto safe for solo female Travellers? Toronto is incredibly safe, and Canada as a whole is one of the top countries to travel in if you are a solo female traveler. You have a higher probability of being trampled on by a moose in Toronto than being kidnapped and sold into an underground sex trade.
Best answer for this question, what can you do in Toronto with no money?
- Find a free museum. Toronto is home to a number of world-class museums, and most offer one evening a week admission-free.
- Hang out on Toronto Island.
- Take a free tour.
- Evergreen Brick Works.
- Walk the city’s neighbourhoods.
- Picnic in High Park.
- Hit the beach.
- Catch a free movie.
Moreover, is it safe to walk around Toronto at night? Is Toronto safe at night? While Downtown Toronto is very safe, even at night, there are some side streets and areas that you should avoid. You’ll be safest with a group of people. If you can, avoid going out at night just to add an extra level of security, but even if you don’t, chances are you’ll be absolutely fine.
- Learn a new skill. Learning something new might seem daunting at first, but you never know where it might lead.
- Clean the house.
- Head out for a long walk.
- Learn a new language.
- Create a bucket list.
- Write a song.
- Visit a local museum.
How do I make friends in Toronto?
- The Dog Park.
- Join A Book Club Or Attend A Reading.
- I Want To Do That, Just Not Alone Meet-up.
- Talk To Strangers.
- Attend A Conference Or Networking Event.
- Join Neighbourhood Facebook Groups.
- Attend A Food And Drink Festival.
- Try New Things Toronto Meet-Up Group.
Is Toronto safer than London?
A CEOWORLD magazine ranked Toronto as the 95th safest city in the world for 2018, running behind several other major cities like Tokyo, London, Osaka, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Taipei but safer than most cities in North America.
Is Jane and Finch safe?
Jane/Finch is a poorer neighborhood in Toronto. Like most impoverished neighborhoods, it typically has an elevated crime rate. Like Scarborough, Jane/Finch has gotten a reputation as an unsafe part of Toronto.
Is Jarvis Street Toronto safe?
Just about ANYWHERE a tourist would go in Toronto will be safe. Just use your usual “street smarts”. With that said, Jarvis Street is home to a number of social service offices and shelters. You will encounter panhandlers and others in the area, but you will be safe.
What do locals do in Toronto?
- Harbourfront. Scenic walk by Lake Ontario.
- Aga Khan Museum. Exceptional Display of Islamic Arts.
- CN Tower. Tourist trap but …
- Graffiti Alley. Rush Lane- T.O.’s Street Art Mecca.
- Ward’s Island Neighbourhood. A remote neighbourhood.
- The Beaches Boardwalk.
- Trinity Bellwoods Park.
Is graffiti alley in Toronto safe?
The place has a bit of a sketchy vibe but the presence of other visitors will make one feel relatively safe. The narrow alley has sections with potholes and dirty puddles so be sure to watch your step as you navigate the area. Garbage bins are not the ultimate eyesore here but overflowing trash and scattered litter.
How can I spend a day in Toronto?
- Start your day at Union Station.
- Have breakfast at St. Lawrence Market.
- Explore the Distillery District.
- Live on The Edge on CN Tower.
- Have lunch in Kensington Market.
- Check out Queen Street West.
- Shop at Eaton Centre and Bloor Street.
- Watch the sunset at the Harbourfront.
Is Chinatown Toronto safe?
Most ethnic communities including Chinatown are very safe. Accidents are rare but random violence is much rarer. Whether the Spadina one or the Gerrard one, about as safe as any city neighbourhood anywhere. Absolutely nothing to worry about.
What are the bad areas of Toronto?
- Parma Court. Population 3,202. 54 %
- Crescent Town. Population 15,086. 46 %
- Flemingdon Park. Population 24,308. 46 %
- Main Square. Population 2,313. 45 %
- Scarborough City Centre. Population 16,767.
- Parkway Forest. Population 14,351.
- Thorncliffe Park. Population 22,778.
- Hillside. Population 184.
Is Toronto expensive?
While the cost of living has gone up this year, Toronto is still ranked rather low on the list of the 209 most expensive cities in the world. The results of Mercer’s 2021 Cost of Living Survey are in and Toronto has jumped from 115th last year to 98th this year.
Is it OK that I have no friends?
People need at least a little human contact in order to thrive, and true isolation can take a toll on your overall well-being. If you’re not totally isolated, though, and your lack of friends doesn’t trouble you, it can be perfectly fine to be satisfied with your own company.
How can I have fun alone with no money?
- Go on a picnic.
- Go to no-cost museum and zoo days.
- Give geocaching a try.
- Leverage your chamber of commerce.
- Take a historical city tour.
- Visit a farmers market.
- Go camping.
- Do a photography challenge.
How can I have fun alone at home?
- Pick up a paint brush. You don’t have to be a present-day da Vinci to enjoy painting.
- Bake a batch of cookies.
- Cue the music.
- Write a letter to someone you love.
- Treat yourself to a DIY spa.
- Start a scrapbook.
- Let a celebrity read you a story.
- Rearrange your closet.
Where do singles meet in Toronto?
- Cabana Pool Bar. Despite its many name changes, the Polson Pier multi-purpose entertainment complex has been a great place to pick up for years.
- Brazen Head Pub.
- Wayne Gretzky’s.
- The Bottom Line.
- The Ballroom.
- Joe Rockhead’s Indoor Rock Climbing.
- Toronto Adventures.
How do you date in Toronto?
- People don’t mind open relationships.
- Casual dating is totally acceptable.
- Most people are either on Tinder, Bumble or Happn.
- We love going to restaurants.
- Coffee dates are a serious thing.
- You will go to a sports game at least once.
- The booty call is in full effect.