- Kensington Market. Kensington.
- DJ Skate Night. Harbourfront.
- The National Ballet of Canada. Downtown.
- Cavalcade of Lights. Downtown.
- Winterfest. Photo courtesy of Canada’s Wonderland.
- Santa Claus Parade. Downtown.
- Glow Toronto. Etobicoke.
- Holiday Fair In The Square. Downtown.
People ask also, is Toronto worth visiting in December? Toronto in December is an amazing time to visit. The weather although cold, if you dress well and are mindful of the daily forecasts you can travel and explore the city with ease. … Holiday season is busy with festivities, but it is not a peak season in Toronto. So you can expect to get hotel bookings at a decent price.
Quick Answer, what is Toronto like in December? December Weather in Toronto Canada. Daily high temperatures decrease by 7°F, from 39°F to 32°F, rarely falling below 19°F or exceeding 50°F. Daily low temperatures decrease by 8°F, from 30°F to 22°F, rarely falling below 6°F or exceeding 40°F.
Correspondingly, where should I go for Christmas in Toronto?
- Go skating at one of the outdoor rinks or trails.
- See homes decked out in festive decor before they’re gone.
- Stroll through Holiday Hills.
- Take a hike at a picturesque trail.
- Rediscover Ontario Place.
- Take in the sights around Nathan Phillips Square.
Moreover, is it worth seeing Niagara Falls in winter? If you can endure the frigid temperatures, winter is one of the best times to visit. The falls are especially stunning in the snow as the sunlight reflects off the long ice sheets that stretch across the width of falls and chunks of ice can sometimes be seen falling over the top if it gets really cold.
Is it cold in Toronto in December?
In December Toronto has an average temperature of a chilly -1°C, reaching highs of just 1°C and dipping to lows of -3°C at night. With such cold weather you’ll need to bring warm winter clothes to Toronto this month, while preparing for the chance of snow.
Is Toronto fun in the winter?
Things to Do in Toronto in the Winter. Winter in Toronto is frosty, but that doesn’t mean it’s not fun. Stay warm by visiting some of the city’s top attractions, or face it like a fearless Canadian and get outside for some fresh-air fuelled excitement.
How many days should I visit Toronto?
To see and experience all that is Toronto, you should plan a stay of at least a week (preferably in spring, summer, or fall — winters can be bitter, though no worse than a winter in New York City).
Is Toronto nice in the winter?
Is Toronto nice in the winter? Yes, as long as you have the right clothes to keep you bundled up warm! While Toronto can be cold in the winter, it’s also a magical time to visit. Fresh snow falling over the cities parks gives way to fun winter activities and beautiful landscapes.
What is the coldest month of the year in Toronto?
Average Temperature in Toronto The cold season lasts for 3.4 months, from December 3 to March 16, with an average daily high temperature below 39°F. The coldest month of the year in Toronto is January, with an average low of 18°F and high of 30°F.
Is it snowing in Canada in December?
Canada weather December December is generally a very cold month in Canada, so you’ll need to pack plenty of thick, warm layers if you visit at this time of year. While Vancouver is quite wet and cold in December, Toronto is even colder with freezing temperatures and snow.
What can you do in Toronto for free in the winter?
- Art Gallery of Ontario. A staple of Toronto’s cultural experience is the Art Gallery of Ontario, known as the AGO.
- Aga Khan Museum.
- Museum of Contemporary Art.
- Redpath Sugar Museum.
- Ryerson Image Centre.
- Harbourfront Centre.
- Distillery District.
What is open during Christmas in Toronto?
- Banks, government offices, mail delivery will all be open on Christmas Eve.
- TTC and GO Transit continue as usual.
- Grocery stores will be open but may have reduced hours.
- Some skating rinks, movie theatres, the Toronto Zoo and the CN Tower will remain open on Dec.
How can I spend Christmas in Toronto?
- Experience The Christmas Markets In Toronto.
- Ice Skating.
- Witness Fireworks At Cavalcade Of Lights.
- Santa Claus Parade.
- Christmas At Casa Loma.
- Witness A Christmas Classic: The Nutcracker.
How Christmas is celebrated in Toronto?
- Visit the Toronto Christmas Market.
- Skate at Nathan Philips Square.
- Admire Hudson’s Bay’s Holiday Windows.
- Attend the Cavalcade of Lights.
- Shop the One of a Kind Show.
- Celebrate the New Year with a polar dip.
- Binge-watch classic flicks.
- Go see the Nutcracker.
Is Niagara Falls frozen in December?
Snowfall can be expected from December to March in Niagara Falls. Everything is covered in a thick blanket of snow in winter. Parts of the Niagara River are frozen and the flow of water over the Falls is quite less.
Do I need a passport to go to Niagara Falls?
Yes. A Passport (or a Passport Card or Enhanced Driver’s License if coming by land) is required for crossing the border into Canada unless you are age 15 or younger.
Do Niagara Falls freeze?
According to Angela Berti, a spokeswoman for Niagara Falls State Park in western New York, “it is impossible for the falls to fully freeze anymore. Instead, ice builds up from the river and the optics make it look like the falls are frozen, but the water continues to flow.”
What is there to do in Canada in December?
- Rideau Canal: Skate Away.
- Plaster Rock: Indulge In Ice Hockey.
- Churchill: Enjoy The Beauty Of A Winter Wilderness.
- Vancouver: Explore Local Seafood.
- Ontario: The Dazzling Niagara Falls.
- Charlottetown: The Winter Wonderland.
- Halifax: For Maple Treats.
Does it usually rain in December?
The average sliding 31-day rainfall during December in Los Angeles is rapidly increasing, starting the month at 1.5 inches, when it rarely exceeds 3.4 inches, and ending the month at 2.6 inches, when it rarely exceeds 6.9 inches or falls below 0.1 inches.