Public access to the newspaper’s archive is only provided to subscriber universities and public libraries through ProQuest. Please contact your local library to see if it subscribes to ProQuest and if the Toronto Star is among the publications it accesses.
Moreover, how do I look up old newspapers?
- Google’s Historical Newspapers: news.google.com/newspapers.
- Newspapers.com (newspapers.com)
- Newsbank’s Newspaper Archive (newspaperarchive.com)
Best answer for this question, how do I find old newspaper articles in Ontario? Online Resources and Websites Check with your local public or university library. Toronto Star – Pages of the Past (since 1894) – A subscription is required for access. The database is also accessible through the Toronto Public Library website with a library card.
Beside above, how do I find a newspaper article from years ago?
- Search the library catalog for the newspaper title.
- Look for a record that says Online.
- Click into the record and look at the dates in the “View It” section to see whether the time frame you need is available for searching.
- Click on the link for the correct time frame.
Subsequently, how can I get a free Toronto Star? There’s just one more step to set up your complimentary access to thestar.com! 1. Go to thestar.com/redeem-home-delivery and click the Create account button. Enter the information requested so we can validate your Toronto Star subscription.
Is Toronto Star still delivering?
The Toronto Star reserves the right to discontinue this offer at any time. Toronto Star delivery will continue after the 12 month introductory period at the regular home delivery rate.
Where can I find newspaper archives for free?
- Chronicling America: Historic Newspapers.
- Elephind.com: Search the World’s Historical Newspaper Archive.
- Europeana: Newspapers.
- Google Newspaper Archive.
- ICON: International Coalition on Newspapers: International Collections.
- ICON: International Coalition on Newspapers: United States.
Where can I find old newspaper articles in Canada?
- Canadian Newsstream. This database offers access to the full text of several Canadian newspapers from Canada’s leading publishers.
- US Newsstream. US Newsstream is part of Global Newsstream.
- Global Newsstream.
- Nexis Uni.
Can I view old newspapers online?
You can search through newspapers from all over the world with Google News Archive Search, but only for specific time periods. The Library of Congress and the National Endowment for the Humanities teamed up to create the site Chronicling America, which provides two free searchable databases of digitized newspapers.
Where can I read old Canadian newspapers online?
- Canada Gazette 1841-1997.
- Canada Gazette 1998 – present.
- Canadian News Online.
- CanGenealogy: Digitized Canadian Newspapers.
- Catholic Newspapers Online.
- Connecting Canadians: Canada’s Multicultural Newspapers.
How do I view my Google newspaper archives?
Begin with the newspaper list to browse directly to a specific newspaper title in the Google News Archive. Once you select a title of interest, you can easily navigate to a specific date using the arrows or, even faster, by entering the date in the date box (this can be a year, month and year, or a specific date).
What is the oldest newspaper in Ontario?
While operating the press from Newark (now Niagara-on-the-Lake), Roy established the first newspaper in what is now Ontario: the Upper Canada Gazette, or American Oracle. Its first edition, published on 18 April 1793, was an official government gazette.
How much does the Saturday Toronto Star cost?
Only $12.50* a week.
Is the Toronto Star free online?
If you are a Star home-delivery subscriber, your access is complimentary.
How can I read the Star for free?
You can read TheStar.com.my through a web browser or with The Star Malaysia app that you can download from the Play Store , App Store and Huawei AppGallery. You can stay logged in to six logins – four logins on web browsers and two logins on the app.
How do I contact the Toronto Star reporter?
- phone 416-869-4300.
- fax 416-869-4328.
- email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How much is Toronto Star delivery?
Enjoy Toronto Star weekend home delivery for only $3.09* a week, plus more! – CARP.
Is there Globe and Mail delivery today?
The Globe and Mail prints Monday to Saturday every day of the year except for Christmas Day and select statutory holidays such as Labour Day and/or New Year’s Day. … As a reminder, five and six-day print newspaper subscribers receive complimentary access to everything on globeandmail.com through Globe Unlimited.
Can you search the National Archives online?
You can search and retrieve individual electronic records from a selection of archival structured databases online via the Access to Archival Databases (AAD) resource at www.archives.gov/aad.
How do I access my archives online?
- National Archives Catalog. Our National Archives Catalog is the online portal to our records and information about our records.
- History Hub.
- Microfilm Catalog.
- Access to Archival Databases (AAD)
- Archives Library Information Center (ALIC)
- Guide to Federal Records.
- Finding Aids.
- Search by Topic.