- 1 Can you get around Toronto without a car?
- 2 Do we need car in Toronto?
- 3 What can you do in Toronto without a car?
- 4 How do you take a bus in Canada?
- 5 How do you use a bus in Canada?
- 6 What bus lines are in Ontario?
- 7 How do you use the city bus?
- 8 How do you pay on a bus?
- 9 How do I pay transport over the phone?
- 10 Can I use Google pay for bus?
- 11 Do Presto cards expire?
- 12 How does 2 hour Presto work?
- 13 Do I tap my Presto card when I get off the bus?
- 14 Can you live without car in Canada?
- 15 Does Toronto have Uber?
Best answer for this question, how do you pay for the bus in Toronto? TTC spokesperson Stuart Green said bus riders will be asked to pay by Presto fare cards or by Presto tickets, which can be purchased at machines inside subway stations.
Subsequently, how does the bus system work in Toronto? You pay a single fare for each one-way trip. The same fare covers subways, streetcars, and buses within the City of Toronto — there are no fare “zones” to worry about. … A transfer is dispensed by a red machine inside subway stations, or by the driver on a bus or most streetcars.
Correspondingly, how do you use public transportation in Toronto? You will need a token or a pass to ride. Most streetcars run 24 hours a day; buses operate from 6 a.m. (8 a.m. on Sundays) to 1 a.m. daily. The only way to get to and from the Toronto Islands is by ferry.
Considering this, how do you ride a bus in Ontario?
- Find your bus stop. All GRT bus stops have stop markers with the 4-digit stop number.
- Board the bus. When you see the bus approaching, check the destination sign above the windshield to make sure it’s the bus you want.
- Pay your fare.
- Riding the bus.
- Get off at your stop.
If your bank card shows the contactless payment symbol, you can use it to pay as you go straight away. You’ll pay an adult rate fare. … Visa and V PAY (some cards issued outside the UK aren’t accepted)
Can you get around Toronto without a car?
While you don’t need a car for most places in Toronto, Wonderland and the zoo being on the outer edges of the city is easier to get to using a car. You can get to these places on public transit, but if you are starting from downtown you will spend a lot of time in buses and trains wasting your time.
Do we need car in Toronto?
You do not need a car in the city. Public transit is easy and efficient and goes most places you’d likely want to visit. Traffic can be heavy and frustrating to drive in, parking is expensive, and there is quite a bit of construction going on in the downtown core.
What can you do in Toronto without a car?
If you need to get somewhere in the Greater Toronto Area you should check out the GO Train and Go Bus. Departing from Union station, GO Transit has lots of different routes, and it’s extremely popular with commuters! Plus, it accepts the Presto card for payment, so you don’t need to carry around cash or tickets.
How do you take a bus in Canada?
How do you use a bus in Canada?
The bus is the most common form of urban transportation in Canada. Some cities have other modes of public transit. In most cases, you can easily transfer from one mode of transportation to another. To use public transportation, you must buy a ticket or a transit pass.
What bus lines are in Ontario?
- Greyhound – servicing all Ontario.
- Ontario Northland – servicing Toronto, central Ontario and northern Ontario.
- Coach Canada – servicing the southern part of the province from Windsor to Montreal.
- Megabus – Servicing parts of Ontario, Quebec and the United States.
How do you use the city bus?
How do you pay on a bus?
- A contactless payment card to pay as you go.
- An Oyster card with pay as you go credit, Travelcard or Bus & Tram Pass.
- A Visitor Oyster card.
- A Day Travelcard or a One day Bus & Tram Pass.
How do I pay transport over the phone?
mobile device If your credit or debit card is ‘contactless-enabled’, you will see this logo on the front of your card. This means your credit or debit card is enabled for fare payment on transit. Just tap your contactless credit or debit card at the MRT fare gate or card reader on buses.
Can I use Google pay for bus?
You can purchase, store, and use digital copies of tickets for participating transit systems. For some transit systems, you can use Google Pay to pay for transportation at the fare terminal with a supported credit or debit card saved to your phone.
Do Presto cards expire?
PRESTO cards no longer expire, even if there is an expiry date shown on the card (you may continue to use your card even after any indicated expiry date).
How does 2 hour Presto work?
Two-hour transfers on the TTC With PRESTO you get two hours to travel in any direction on the TTC with each payment. When you start your trip and tap your PRESTO card, your fare will be deducted and a two-hour transfer will automatically be applied to your card.
Do I tap my Presto card when I get off the bus?
Once you’ve arrived, tap your card OFF to the Fare Payment Device as you exit the bus. The PRESTO system will debit or credit your card for the balance of that trip. If you forget to tap off, you will be charged to the end of that bus route, as PRESTO will not know where you got off.
Can you live without car in Canada?
However, it’s safe to say that over half of Canadians live in large and dense enough cities that they don’t need cars to get around. I’ve lived in Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver without a car and spent weeks in Montreal and Ottawa without a car.
Does Toronto have Uber?
Complete your plans today by reserving a ride with Uber in Toronto. Request a ride up to 30 days in advance, at any time and on any day of the year.