- 1 What is the richest part of Toronto?
- 2 Where do doctors live in Toronto?
- 3 Where do most students live in Toronto?
- 4 Is North York still a city?
- 5 Is North York a suburb?
- 6 What is considered North Toronto?
- 7 What is the safest area in Toronto?
- 8 Is it safe to walk in Toronto at night?
- 9 Where do hipsters live in Toronto?
- 10 Where should I live in Toronto suburbs?
- 11 What is the best place to live in Ontario?
- 12 Where should I live if I work in Toronto?
- 13 What are the bad neighborhoods in Toronto?
- 14 Is Islington Toronto safe?
- 15 Where do the rich hangout in Toronto?
North York is one of the best place in Canada to live in. First of all, the place is very convenient in terms of transportation. There are lot of transportation system that connects North York to the rest of Toronto and beyond. North York will give you an experience to a mouthwatering restaurants and cafe.
Moreover, is North York Toronto expensive? North York Surpasses Toronto Proper as Priciest City in Canada to Rent 1-Bed Apt. It appears Toronto has been dethroned as the most expensive city in the country for average monthly rents for a one-bedroom after North York surpassed Canada’s largest city in October.
Similarly, which part of Toronto is best to live in?
- Kensington Market. This multicultural area is one of the oldest and most famous neighborhoods in the city.
- Davisville Village/St. Clair.
- West Queen West.
- East Chinatown.
- The Junction.
Furthermore, where should I not live in Toronto? Toronto is overall a safe city, especially considering its size, but you may want to avoid the following areas: Jane & Finch area, St. Jamestown, Regent Park & Moss Park, Cabbagetown (after dark), Kipling & Albion area, Neilson & Finch, and the Malvern area.
Also, is North York a nice place to live? North York is one of the best place in Canada to live in. First of all, the place is very convenient in terms of transportation. There are lot of transportation system that connects North York to the rest of Toronto and beyond. North York will give you an experience to a mouthwatering restaurants and cafe.Like any major city, North York (as part of Toronto) has its share of crime, though far less than the rate found in American cities of equal (and even smaller) size. While it is easy to name specific areas (Jane and Finch, Don Mills and Finch) these are based as much on local legend as police data.
What is the richest part of Toronto?
- York Mills-Windfields. York Mills is a neighbourhood that is part of what some Torontonians call the Millionaire’s Mile as it consists of five rich neighbourhoods.
- The Bridle Path.
- Forest Hill.
- Lawrence Park.
- Lytton Park.
Where do doctors live in Toronto?
Bridle Path is home to some of Canada’s biggest media moguls, celebrities, doctors, and engineers. Its proximity to the Sunnybrook Health Centre can also explain the high number of health professionals who live in the area.
Where do most students live in Toronto?
- Downtown. The Annex. Dufferin Grove. Kensington Market. Garden District.
- Etobicoke. Kingsview Village – The Westway. Clairville. Smithfield/Mount Olive- Silverstone-Jamestown. New Toronto.
- Scarborough. Morningside. Bendale. Agincourt/Malvern.
- North End. York University Heights. Bathurst Manor. Hillcrest Village. L’Amoreaux.
Is North York still a city?
North York, former city (1979–98), southeastern Ontario, Canada. In 1998 it amalgamated with the cities of Toronto, Scarborough, York, and Etobicoke and the borough of East York to become the City of Toronto.
Is North York a suburb?
The “outer ring” suburbs of Etobicoke, Scarborough, and North York are much more suburban in nature (although these boroughs are developing urban centres of their own, such as North York City Centre around Mel Lastman Square).
What is considered North Toronto?
North Toronto is a former town and informal district located in the northern part of the Old Toronto district in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. … The name is still used to refer to the area in general, although Yonge–Eglinton and Midtown Toronto are officially used.
What is the safest area in Toronto?
- Forest Hill South (Safe) Many sources cite Forest Hill South as the safest neighbourhood in Toronto.
- Jane and Finch (Less-safe)
- Bridle-Path Sunnybrook-Yorkmills (Safe)
- Regent Park (Less-safe)
Is it safe to walk in Toronto at night?
The downtown core of Toronto is pretty safe during normal times, especially because it’s typically populated with people commuting and cars stuck in traffic on the streets. … Obviously you’ll want to avoid dark and isolated areas, but it’s generally safe to walk in downtown Toronto at night, even for women.
Where do hipsters live in Toronto?
Ossington is far and away Toronto’s most hipster neighborhood and area. Ossington street runs perpendicular to Queen Street West which has been a bit yuppified over the years, but Ossington has kept its roots for the moment. You’ll find some of Toronto’s most hip bars on this street.
Where should I live in Toronto suburbs?
- Oakville: For established families who want a small-town feel.
- New Tecumseth: For homesteaders who want fresh country air for a bargain.
- Milton: If you have an SUV, a few kids and love new houses.
What is the best place to live in Ontario?
- Barrie. Barrie is a small city that will suit many demographics.
- Cobourg. Cobourg is a town in Ontario that sits along the shores of Lake Ontario.
- Halton Hills.
- Thunder Bay.
Where should I live if I work in Toronto?
- Whitby. Average priced house: $650,000.
- Milton. Average priced house: $714,000.
- Halton Hills.
What are the bad neighborhoods in Toronto?
- The Parma Court.
- The Crescent Town.
- The Flemingdon Park.
- The Scarborough City Centre.
- The Parkway Forest.
- The Main Square.
- The Oakridge.
- The Thorncliffe Park.
Is Islington Toronto safe?
Do you feel safe walking alone at night in Islington-City Centre West? Extremely safe. Night or day, it’s a very safe place.
Where do the rich hangout in Toronto?
- Brassaii // 461 King St W.
- Montecito // 299 Adelaide St W.
- The Spoke Club // 600 King St W.
- Soho House Toronto // 192 Adelaide St W.
- The Chase // 10 Temperance St.
- One Restaurant @ Hazelton Hotel // 116 Yorkville Ave.