- 1 Is Mimico a nice area?
- 2 What are the bad areas of Toronto?
- 3 What is the best area to live in Toronto?
- 4 How long is Mimico Creek Trail?
- 5 How long is Etobicoke Creek Trail?
- 6 What watershed is Brampton in?
- 7 Where is the Credit River watershed?
- 8 How many people live in Humber Bay Shores?
- 9 What is the richest area in Toronto?
- 10 What is the safest area in Toronto?
- 11 Is Scarborough a bad area?
- 12 Where do millionaires live in Toronto?
- 13 What is the prettiest street in Toronto?
- 14 Where should I live in Toronto suburbs?
- 15 Can you swim in Etobicoke Creek?
As I discovered while researching my hometown, in the 1800s, Mimico, Ontario, was originally known by the First Nations People as Omimeca, meaning “the resting place of the wild pigeons.” The passenger or wild pigeon is now extinct, but its memory lives on in the name Mimico.
Also, is Mimico a good place to live? Mimico was recently named #2 on the list of top places to live by Toronto Life for both affordability and lifestyle, and we’re not surprised. … Whether you’re a young professional, empty nester, or a family, Mimico offers an excellent alternative to downtown Toronto.
You asked, where is Mimico Creek? Mimico Creek is a stream that flows through Brampton, Mississauga and Toronto in the Greater Toronto Area of Ontario, Canada. It is 33 kilometres (21 mi) long, is in the Great Lakes Basin, and is a tributary of Lake Ontario.
Similarly, where does Mimico Creek start? Mimico Creek begins in Brampton and travels in a southeasterly direction to drain into Lake Ontario, west of the Humber River. Its watershed is located between the Humber and Etobicoke Creek.
You asked, when was Mimico estates built? Developed between 1903 and 1940, the estates contain the main residence, five auxiliary buildings consisting of the Leonard Franceschini House, semi-detached houses, row houses, a garage, and a power plant, as well as landscape features.
Is Mimico a nice area?
While there are many communities worthy of your consideration in the GTA, Mimico is one of the best. With demand for property in the area on the rise, the time to buy is now! For over 36 years, our clients have trusted us to minimize risk, offer unbiased opinions, and ensure their best interests are served.
What are the bad areas of Toronto?
- Parma Court. Population 3,202. 54 %
- Crescent Town. Population 15,086. 46 %
- Flemingdon Park. Population 24,308. 46 %
- Main Square. Population 2,313. 45 %
- Scarborough City Centre. Population 16,767.
- Parkway Forest. Population 14,351.
- Thorncliffe Park. Population 22,778.
- Hillside. Population 184.
What is the best area to live in Toronto?
- Davisville Village and Mount Pleasant.
- Rosedale/Summerhill/Moore Park.
- Queens Quay & Spadina/Cityplace.
- Downtown Core.
- Fashion District/Entertainment District.
How long is Mimico Creek Trail?
Mimico Creek Trail is a 5 mile out and back trail located near Mississauga, Ontario, Canada that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, running, and mountain biking.
How long is Etobicoke Creek Trail?
Etobicoke Creek Trail is a 3.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Mississauga, Ontario, Canada that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.
What watershed is Brampton in?
The Credit River watershed starts near Orangeville, drains the countryside around Hillsburgh, Erin, Acton, the west half of Caledon and Brampton and most of Mississauga. The Credit River empties into Lake Ontario at Port Credit. You can find thousands of natural areas throughout this study area.
Where is the Credit River watershed?
The Credit River Watershed The Credit River is almost 90 km long and meanders southeast from its headwaters in Orangeville, Erin and Mono, through nine municipalities, eventually draining into Lake Ontario at Port Credit in Mississauga.
How many people live in Humber Bay Shores?
Population of this neighbourhood stands at 26,550 but it is increasing continuously reflected by new condos Mimico coming up.
What is the richest area in Toronto?
- York Mills-Windfields // Toronto. Average household net worth: $21.55 million.
- The Bridle Path // Toronto.
- Sunnybrook // Toronto.
- Hoggs Hollow // Toronto.
- Forest Hill South // Toronto.
- Kleinberg // Vaughan.
- Lawrence Park North // Toronto.
What is the safest area in Toronto?
- Forest Hill South (Safe) Many sources cite Forest Hill South as the safest neighbourhood in Toronto.
- Jane and Finch (Less-safe)
- Bridle-Path Sunnybrook-Yorkmills (Safe)
- Regent Park (Less-safe)
Is Scarborough a bad area?
Scarborough has some hidden gems, including very expensive real estate. Its definitely a relatively safe city, but you need to exersise caution, and be aware of your surroundings. No it isn’t any more dangerous than any other part of the city. More crime happens in the downtown core than anywhere else.
Where do millionaires live in Toronto?
Bridle Path is the most affluent neighborhood in Canada, and situated along millionaire’s row with affluent neighbors York Mills and Lawrence Park, which also made this list.
What is the prettiest street in Toronto?
- Queen Street.
- Toronto – Things to Do.
Where should I live in Toronto suburbs?
- Oakville: For established families who want a small-town feel.
- New Tecumseth: For homesteaders who want fresh country air for a bargain.
- Milton: If you have an SUV, a few kids and love new houses.
Can you swim in Etobicoke Creek?
This long stretch of beach west of the Etobicoke Creek may look inviting, but the area has a history of water quality problems and swimming is not advised. You can relax on the sand or enjoy the park and its trails, but please use the east beach if you want to jump in Lake Ontario. … coli / 100 mL of water.