- 1 Is January a good time to visit Toronto?
- 2 Why is Toronto called the six?
- 3 What can you do on a rainy day in Toronto?
- 4 How can I have fun in Toronto?
- 5 How bad is Toronto winter?
- 6 Does it snow in Toronto in January?
- 7 Is Toronto fun in the winter?
- 8 Is it worth seeing Niagara Falls in winter?
- 9 Where should I go in winter in Toronto?
- 10 What is the coldest month of the year in Toronto?
- 11 How many days should you spend in Toronto?
- 12 Which is the best month to visit Toronto?
- A Toronto Winter Means Skating.
- Visit the Distillery District.
- Turn Up the Heat with a Spicy Hot Chocolate.
- Snow Magic at Ontario Place – A Drive Thru Experience.
- Terra Luminata at the Toronto Zoo.
- Warm Up With an Imax Film at Ontario Place’s Cinesphere.
As many you asked, what is there to do in Toronto today?
- Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada. 20,377. Aquariums.
- Toronto Island Park. 8,463. Islands • Parks.
- CN Tower. 25,045.
- St. Lawrence Market.
- Royal Ontario Museum. 8,299.
- Hockey Hall of Fame. 4,059.
- Art Gallery of Ontario. 4,273.
- Distillery Historic District. 8,205.
Furthermore, what can you do in Toronto for free in the winter?
- Art Gallery of Ontario. A staple of Toronto’s cultural experience is the Art Gallery of Ontario, known as the AGO.
- Aga Khan Museum.
- Museum of Contemporary Art.
- Redpath Sugar Museum.
- Ryerson Image Centre.
- Harbourfront Centre.
- Distillery District.
Amazingly, what is there to do in Toronto in December?
- Kensington Market. Kensington.
- DJ Skate Night. Harbourfront.
- The National Ballet of Canada. Downtown.
- Cavalcade of Lights. Downtown.
- Winterfest. Photo courtesy of Canada’s Wonderland.
- Santa Claus Parade. Downtown.
- Glow Toronto. Etobicoke.
- Holiday Fair In The Square. Downtown.
Frequent question, should I visit Toronto in January? January in Toronto may be cold, but with many post-holiday sales and few crowds, it can be a good time to visit this Canadian city. Some people actually enjoy the cold and snow, so for them, Toronto and its metro area offer plenty to do to make the most of the winter season.
Is January a good time to visit Toronto?
January. This is off-season for Toronto, so crowds should be relatively minimal, and hotels and other accommodations are usually cheaper. Attractions are open and much less busy than during warmer months. But the city is cold, so pack accordingly if you’re planning to see Toronto in January.
Why is Toronto called the six?
While the meaning of the term was initially unclear, Drake clarified in a 2016 interview by Jimmy Fallon on The Tonight Show that it derived from the shared digits of the 416 and 647 telephone area codes and the six municipalities that amalgamated into the current Toronto city proper in 1998.
What can you do on a rainy day in Toronto?
- Take in some culture at the AGO.
- Head to an arcade for grown ups.
- Embrace your inner ninja.
- Visit the Aga Khan Museum.
- Pamper yourself.
- Get competitive at a board game cafe.
- Explore exhibits at the ROM.
- Sing your heart out at karaoke.
How can I have fun in Toronto?
- Walk through the Distillery District.
- Wander around the Toronto Islands.
- Take photos at Graffiti Alley.
- Go food tasting at St. Lawrence Market.
- Visit Ripley’s Aquarium.
- Do the EdgeWalk at the CN Tower.
- Stroll around Allan Gardens.
- Check out art at the Art Gallery of Ontario.
How bad is Toronto winter?
Toronto has a semi-continental climate, with a warm, humid summer and a cold winter. … Although Toronto is one of Canada’s warmer cities in winter, winters are still severe, with snow on the ground most days between mid-December and mid-March. Snow deeper than 1 cm is seen on 65 days a year on average.
Does it snow in Toronto in January?
Snowfall broke daily record at Pearson for Jan. 17. … The snowfall recorded at Toronto Pearson International Airport on Monday — 32 centimetres — broke a daily record for Jan. 17, according to Environment Canada. The previous daily record at Pearson was set in 1994, when 7.6 centimetres of snow fell.
Is Toronto fun in the winter?
No need to break the bank for winter fun in Toronto. … Toronto is not a city that hibernates. It’s a city that takes the winter months head on and really embraces the colder days and longer nights. There are so many ways to enjoy the city and best of all, it doesn’t have to break the bank.
Is it worth seeing Niagara Falls in winter?
If you can endure the frigid temperatures, winter is one of the best times to visit. The falls are especially stunning in the snow as the sunlight reflects off the long ice sheets that stretch across the width of falls and chunks of ice can sometimes be seen falling over the top if it gets really cold.
Where should I go in winter in Toronto?
- Witness the Views from CN Tower. CN Tower is one of Toronto’s most recognizable landmarks.
- Visit Toronto Museums.
- Tour Casa Loma.
- Go Ice Skating.
- Bentway Skate Trail.
- Toronto Light Festival.
- Christmas Market at the Distillery District.
- Visit Niagara Falls.
What is the coldest month of the year in Toronto?
Average Temperature in Toronto The cold season lasts for 3.4 months, from December 3 to March 16, with an average daily high temperature below 39°F. The coldest month of the year in Toronto is January, with an average low of 18°F and high of 30°F.
How many days should you spend in Toronto?
Toronto is a massive city so as a bare minimum I recommend spending 2 days in Toronto. However it time allows plan to spend 3 days in Toronto or even 4 to do more than just scratch the surface.
Which is the best month to visit Toronto?
The best times to visit Toronto are late April through May and September through October. Peak tourist season occurs during the summer months: the sidewalks come alive with pedestrian marketplaces, patio restaurants and numerous cultural events.