- South Parkdale: $1,647.
- Cabbagetown- South St. James Town: $1,655.
- Dovercourt Park: $1,657.
- North St. James Town: $1,692.
- Humewood- Cedarvale: $1,706.
- Wallace Emerson: $1,718.
- Little Portugal: $1,743.
- Yonge-Eglinton: $1,745.
Considering this, which is the cheapest place to live near Toronto?
- West Humber-Claireville (Toronto, Ontario)
- Rexdale-Kipling (Toronto, Ontario)
- Thistletown-Beaumond Heights (Toronto, Ontario)
- Bendale (Scarborough, Toronto, Ontario)
- Woburn (Scarborough, Toronto, Ontario)
- Morningside (Scarborough, Toronto, Ontario)
You asked, what is the least expensive place to live in Ontario?
- Sudbury. Sudbury, officially known as Greater Sudbury, is the largest city in Northern Ontario by population.
- Thunder Bay.
- Rainy River.
- Deep River.
As many you asked, where is the most affordable place to live in the GTA? Many cities in the GTA ranked high for pricy rent, but Brampton is by far the cheapest at an average of $1,580 a month for a one-bedroom. Scarborough was the next most affordable city in the GTA for rent, costing just $14 more a month to live there over Brampton at an average of $1,594.
Moreover, is Toronto a cheap place to live? Living in Toronto, particularly anywhere near downtown, can be expensive. Rents are among the highest in Canada, and other standard monthly expenses such as phone plans, groceries, and transit are not cheap either. … A pint of beer in Toronto can cost you between $7 and $10, depending on where you are.
- Thunder Bay, $325,656.
- Sudbury, $400,052.
- North Bay, $403,682.
- Kingston, $631,280.
- Muskoka, $652,510.
- London, $705,314.
- Peterborough, $720,700.
- Niagara, $735,440.
Where should I live if I work in Toronto?
- Whitby. Average priced house: $650,000.
- Milton. Average priced house: $714,000.
- Halton Hills.
Where are houses cheap?
- West Virginia. Shutterstock.
- Arkansas. Shutterstock.
- Alabama. Shutterstock.
- Mississippi. Getty Images.
- Oklahoma. Shutterstock.
- Indiana. Shutterstock/Brad Whitsitt.
- Kentucky. Shutterstock.
- Ohio. Shutterstock. Median list price: $180,000.
Where can I live for free in Canada?
- Mundare, Alberta.
- Pipestone, Manitoba.
- Scarth, Manitoba.
- South Knowlesville, New Brunswick.
- Saint-Louis-de-Blandford, Quebec.
- Craik, Saskatchewan.
- Cupar, Saskatchewan.
- Crown Lands, Yukon.
Where should I move in Ontario?
- Toronto. For its location and its multicultural scenario, Toronto will always be one of the best places in Ontario to live.
- Ottawa. Ottawa is the country’s capital city and one of the best places to live in southern Ontario.
Where should I live in Toronto suburbs?
- Kensington Market. This multicultural area is one of the oldest and most famous neighborhoods in the city.
- Davisville Village/St. Clair.
- West Queen West.
- East Chinatown.
- The Junction.
Where should I live near Toronto?
- Oakville: For established families who want a small-town feel.
- New Tecumseth: For homesteaders who want fresh country air for a bargain.
- Milton: If you have an SUV, a few kids and love new houses.
What is the best area to live in Toronto?
- Davisville Village and Mount Pleasant.
- Rosedale/Summerhill/Moore Park.
- Queens Quay & Spadina/Cityplace.
- Downtown Core.
- Fashion District/Entertainment District.
Is Toronto more expensive than London?
Cost of living in London (United Kingdom) is 41% more expensive than in Toronto (Canada)
Is Toronto more expensive than New York?
Cost of living in New York City (United States) is 40% more expensive than in Toronto (Canada)
How much do I need to earn to live in Toronto?
Text: A new report has revealed how much money people need to make in 23 Ontario regions in order to afford a basic lifestyle. According to the Ontario Living Wage Network (OLWN), people residing in Toronto need to make $22.08 per hour, which is the most in Ontario, to afford the basics.
What is the cheapest city in Canada to live in?
- Val-d’Or, Quebec.
- Sarnia, Ontario.
- Prince George, British Columbia.
- Brockville, Ontario.
- Weyburn, Saskatchewan.
- Lévis, Quebec.
- Longueuil, Quebec.
- Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Quebec. Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu lies on the banks of the Richelieu River at the northern tip of Lake Champlain.
Where should I retire in Ontario?
- London. Population: 511,000. Percentage of residents over 65: 19%
- Stratford. Population: 32,906.
- Peterborough. Population: 85,163.
- Guelph. What is this?
- Niagara-on-the-Lake. What is this?
- Cobourg. Population: 20,094.
- Kingston. Population: 135,220.
- Thunder Bay. Population: 109,739.
What is the least expensive city to live in Canada?
- Prince George, British Colombia.
- Saint John, New Brunswick.
- Lethbridge, Alberta.
- Winnipeg, Manitoba.
- Laval, Quebec.
- Windsor, Ontario.
- Quebec City, Quebec.
- Sherbrooke, Quebec. Average Monthly Cost of Single Person (without rent): $884.
Where should I not live in Toronto?
- Parma Court. Population 3,202.
- Crescent Town. Population 15,086.
- Flemingdon Park.
- Main Square.
- Scarborough City Centre.
- Parkway Forest.
- Thorncliffe Park.
Where is the best small town to live in Ontario?
- Goderich. Population: 7,628 (2016)
- Picton (Prince Edward County) Population: 25,258 (2011)
- Paris. Population: 12,000.
- Niagara-on-the-Lake. Population: 17,500 (2016)
- Alexandria. Population: 4,486.
- Dorchester. Population: 9,300 (2016)
- Simcoe. Population: 13,922.
- Napanee. Population: 15,892 (2020)